Wednesday

Community Helpers Story Time




This is an adorable book that came in my monthly curriculum box from Funshine Express.
I have never seen it before- but it truly is adorable!
I read it aloud, then added this puzzle Melissa and Doug to our Preschool stations-- you can change the heads, torso and lets of these community helpers and mix them up.

Funshine provided a bunch of cute crafts to go along with this theme.
 Fireman Hats!

 police badges

 traffic lights

and I even made a game:  I drew out a "community" on a poster. I drew different buildings like; post office, library, bank, hospital, fire station, police station, etc... Using images of different community helpers (that were provided by Funshine Express). we took turns drawing a card- and then the children were able to put that "helper" at the right building.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails